Sunday, January 14, 2007

Miraculous protection from accident this weekend!

Below is the email that I sent out to my friends and family last night, detailing the incident that occurred earlier that day.
~~~~~~~~~~~~
Dear friends and family,
God did a miracle for us today! (by "us" I mean me and my friend Lindsay) We are just so incredibly thankful to be alive and well, because we had an incident on the highway around noon today that was just "scary."
Here is my account of what happened...

I was driving on the freeway today with my friend Lindsay and the roads were a bit slick, due to the snowstorm we had a couple days ago. but the main routes were mostly fine (because of the heavy traffic on the weekdays). But what happened was that a car suddenly swerved into my lane, as I was right next to it. Lindsay gasped and I immediately swerved left so my car wouldn't be hit. As I swerved left my car started to spin and I didn't have control of the vehicle anymore. it was spinning towards the left median wall and I turned the steering wheel to the right, the car then swerved to the right and spun that way...I still couldn't get control of the car on the steering wheel, so I turned the steering wheel again to the left and the car slid to a
complete stop in the middle of the freeway, perpendicular to the flow of traffic.

Both Lindsay and I were stunned by the turn of event, and we were totally surprised that we didn't hit anything or get hit by another car. The cars behind us saw us spinning and they all stopped on the
freeway.

Snapping out of my shock, I stepped on the gas pedal to see if my car is still working and driveable. It was. I slowly turned the steering wheel to face the right direction, and picked up speed. The car was
totally fine, and we both breathed a sigh of relief and praised God for this miracle. The cars behind us saw that we were ok, and they started to move again as we moved. It was totally supernatural
protection from God!

Strangely enough, I can testify to that while we were spinning on the freeway, and bracing for possible impact, I had a supernatural peace about me, and I didn't panic and slam on the brake at all. If I had
stepped on the brake while the car was out of control, the cars behind us would probably had hit us, and we might even have flipped over, because the momentum of the car was so strong. The car stopped by
itself as it was going sideways, and I never did once step on the brakes.

It was incredible to think, in hindsight, that how both of us could have been seriously injured, even unto death, if we had collided with the center "wall" or another vehicle. (and the passengers in the other vehicle might have gotten hurt as well) Even if we did not suffer injury my car could have been damaged severely. And then you can think of all the implications with the parademics coming, the police cars coming, and the insurance company stuff, which would have caused lots of issues, with me planning to leave for the Philippines in a few days. Praise God that none of it happened, and that both us and the car came away totally fine. Praise Jesus!

Right before we started driving, I had said a quick prayer for protection before we left my driveway. (it had been my habit to say a quick prayer before every drive, since I had a serious accident in California years ago) We all knew that most residential roads were icy but the main roads were fine. So I was praying more for protection on the residential roads, but I did pray for overall safety and protection as we drove, and God send his angels to keep us out of harm's way.

I have also been meditating on Psalm 91 this past year, and this was definitely a Psalm 91 moment for me!

So this was truly a miracle, a testimony of God's supernatural protection. Praise the Lord!

feel free to forward this testimony to others as well,
God bless!

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?