Sunday, December 17, 2006

Thank God for electricity!

If you have been reading/watching/hearing the news here in the US, then you would have known that there was a major windstorm here in the Seattle area a few days ago and it knocked power out in many areas in the city. We (my cousin Florence, Henry, and I) got hit by it too here in Bellevue, a suburb of Seattle, and we ended up not having electricity for about 2 days (no lights, no heat, no phone or internet connection). There were other areas in and around Seattle that still had power, so most people without power drove out to these other places to eat warm food in restaurants, get gas (since most gas stations were shut down too in our area), and buy supplies.

On Saturday, the second day without power (after a cold night in the house), I went over near the UW campus (University of Washington) to get online at a coffee shop around there. I also drove down south to Renton for a meal, and when I returned home in late afternoon, the power was back! Praise the Lord! Thank God for His abundant mercies!

So we got electricity back just in time before nightfall on Saturday, and our internet cable line was restored today. However, there are other residents in the region that are still without power, so please keep them in your prayers, for their power to be restored asap. It's funny how we always take these types of things for granted. We just expect stuff to work and function properly in the background all the time. It is the grace of God that we do have these modern technologies that makes our lives easier and more comfortable. He is our source, our ultimate provider.

This upcoming Tuesday I'll be flying home to LA, California, to my parent's house to spend Christmas with my family. My bro Gid and his wife Julia are also flying in from Boston, MA. My parent's church are doing some special Christmas meetings, and I will be leading three sessions for the youth. Please pray for me! Though I have some good experiences doing youth ministry in the past years, I know I am totally depended on God for each and every youth meeting. I sort of feel like a "1st-timer" everytime!

On another note, I want to mention that my friend Greg Burnett has a new blog site! It's at gburnett.blogspot.com . I love his consistency and regularity in posting stuff, as I always find fresh materials and updates everytime I check. It's pretty deep reading too. Go there and check it out! (Of course, my blog is still better than his, because he's from Texas and I'm not, haha)

Comments:
I bow before the prolific wisdom of Sam Liu, who overcame the liability of a public school education in California! Hahahaaaaaa!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?