Sunday, August 27, 2006

Visiting Churches

This weekend has been very productive in the sense that I was able to "taste" the various flavors of local churches/ministries here in the Seattle area. It all began Friday night, when my cousin Florence and her husband Henry took me to sister Shujen's new home for a "Well-Watered Garden" worship gathering. Well-Watered Garden is an Asian American worship music ministry, and they meet on a regular basis. It was a wonderful evening of soaking in worship.

Saturday evening, I attended an "Illuminate" service at the Overlake Church in Redmond, a suburb of Seattle. "Illuminate" is a post-modern, seeker-friendly, emergent church ministry within the larger Overlake Church community. It sort of feels like the Highway church that I attended before in Northern California.

Then, on Sunday I was able to go the morning service at Seattle Revival Center in Newcastle (another suburb). I feel very much at home there. You can really sense the presence of God in the worship. Afterwards. I went over to a youth group BBQ of Bread of Life Seattle, a Chinese church here in Bellevue (the town where I'm living right now). It was cool to meet up with the leaders and the members of this youth group. I am currently seeking the Lord to see if I should indeed get involve in ministry with this youth group, and to what degree. Keep me in your prayers. I'll keep you posted.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?