Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Anointed drums/percussion/bass set at ZHOP

Last night, I went to the Monday 10 pm shift at the ZHOP, 5 minutes away from my house. Unaware, I walked in just for the start of the unique "Rhythm" set led by Kirk Bennett as the prayer leader. They had up to 5 people on drums (different kind of drums too) at the same time. There was no keyboard, guitar, or any other kind of melodic instrument. They had one guy on bass who also switches to hand drums at times. It was cool to see the bass as the lead instrument in the worship and intercession. The singing and the prayers were very anointed, and it seemed like the Lord enjoys this "new" sound that they are producing. It was lots of fun!
Many times they connected with a good flow and groove, and people were dancing to the rhythm, and at times the music felt like a Moby soundtrack (I like Moby's sound, though I don't like much of the lyrics of his music. Moby is a self-professing Christian, but he has a pretty liberal worldview and doesn't seem to connect with church at all). Anyways, I thoroughly enjoyed this style of worship and intercession, and I might want to come out to more of these sets in the future.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?