Thursday, January 19, 2006

Seattle vs. Carolina

It is interesting that the Seattle Seahawks professional football team is playing the Carolina (Charlotte) Panthers this upcoming Sunday evening for an important playoff game. Whoever wins goes to the Super Bowl (the championship game of the NFL, National Football League). This game is particularly interesting to me since I live in the Carolinas (Fort Mill, SC, a suburb of Charlotte), and I just returned from Seattle earlier this week. I know my cousin and friends there will be rooting for the Seahawks.

The Panthers have been to the Super Bowl two years ago, and so it is nothing new for them to be in a big game like this. Plus, they are a pretty good team, so they are confident. On the other hand, the Seahawks have never been this deep in the playoffs, so even as they are playing at home, they are probably going to be a little bit more nervous at the beginning of the game. The Panthers have a strong defense, so I expect them to neutralize Seattle's attack. Hopefully Carolina will have enough offensive firepower to score regularly on the Seahawks defense. We will see what happens. I'm not going to prophesy or guarantee any victory. God knows who will win.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?