Saturday, January 07, 2006

Safe arrival: prophetic revelation!

As my plane touches down in Dallas-Fort Worth yesterday, in the midstop on the way to Seattle. I heard a familiar message over the aircraft speakers: "Folks, we've arrived a few minutes early, but unfortunately, our gate is not ready yet, we'll have to wait a couple more minutes here on the runway before we can dock the plane."
It was about the fifth or sixth time that this exact situation happened on my flights this past year. I began to feel a bit frustrated, but suddenly, my prophetic brain kicks in, "Maybe God is trying to speak something to me through this!?"
Then it dawned on me, and I heard the voice of the Lord speaking in my mind, "The gates are not ready for me." The revelation came, Psalm 24, "Lift up your heads, O you gates...and let the King of glory come in!" It was interesting, since I have just started listening to a new cd, Scott Brenner's King of Glory, on that same day! My heart understood His heart, how Christ longed for his church, his people, his "gates" to be ready for Him! The plane, which came down from the sky (Heaven) was trying to connect to the gate, but the gate was not prepared, the gate was not in position to receive! The Lord has been speaking this to me on every flying trip that I took, in 2005, and only now have I understood it!
So many times in church we have this attitude that we are waiting for God to move, for God to birth the revival. But we fail to realize that the King of glory has already landed! the King has already arrived from the sky, and He is knocking at our gates. Can we just be ready, and lift up our heads, to receive Him?
It is no coincidence that Chris Tomlin's worship cd in 2005 was called "Arriving," which shows an airplane runway, and there is a track on the cd called "King of Glory."
O Lord, let us repent of our failure to be ready, to prepare the gates. Let us be ready, let your bride make herself ready!

So later that night I arrived safely in Seattle, and my cousin Florence and her husband Henry picked me up, and took me to a nice Chinese restaurant for a midnight meal.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?