Thursday, September 15, 2005

transfer in Hong Kong

Right now I'm online wirelessly at HK International Airport, on the way from Xi'an to Shanghai to Hong Kong to Taipei, all in one day. I've been traveling since 5:30 am this morning, and I won't arrive in Taipei until after 10 pm at night.
My parents and friends and I went to Xi'an a couple days ago to tour around one of the oldest and most significant city in China. Xi'an's roots go back 5,000 years, and it was the capital city for 13 dynasties. Many old emperors' tombs are still around there. We also did some mountain climbing up HuaShan, which is one of the five most famous (beautiful) mountains in China. The views were gorgeous. I will post some pics later.
It has been a wonderful trip so far. My brother's wedding was excellent. I got to meet many old friends and relatives there too. He and his bride Julia are now honeymooning in Venice, Italy. My parents are still in Xi'an and will be in Beijing soon. I will be spending about 2 weeks in Taiwan before heading down for another 2 weeks in the Philippines. Things are getting exciting. Hopefully I will have more internet access in Taiwan and I will blog more when I get the chance.
_______

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?