Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Flying to St. Louis instead of driving

I got a call from my aunt from Tennessee today recommending that I check the plane ticket prices again to see if I can fly to St. Louis instead of driving out there (since the gas prices are so high). She even offered to chip in financially for part of the plane ticket. So I went on the web, and sure enough, the tickets this time are much cheaper than when I checked last month! So I booked it on the spot and will be flying out there on Saturday for my friend Justin's wedding. Thank you aunt! And thank You Lord!

Moving on, the other day, I was eating a nice, delicious meal at SouperSalad (sort of like Fresh Choice and Souplantation), when I noticed the name of my server, which was Svetlana. It was a Russian name, and she looked Russian. So I asked her where she was from.
"Russia." She answered.
"That's cool, I've been to Russia. St. Petersburg." I replied.
Sveta brightened up a bit, but was still quite shy.
"How long have you been in America?" I asked.
"One and a half month."
"Only? Your English is very good."
"Thanks."
And she walked away.
I guess she is still in her shell a bit, since it's only a very short time since she made the transition to an American society. I feel for her, since I was an immigrant once myself, and I didn't really talk to people in English for over a year after I got here.
If she only knew how much her Father in heaven loved her, I thought. She is a special one.
I have been praying for her.

On another note, I've added new postings to PrayStation and ResourCentral. Go there to view them.
_______

Comments:
Go back and say hello, Sam! The compassion of the Lord is moving in your heart...
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?