Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Angels in first place!

The Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim, a major league baseball team in Southern California, is my favorite baseball team. Obviously a team named the Angels is prophetic in some ways. I've been following the team since my high school days in LA, and they've always been a team with good guys (nobody that gets in trouble with the law or illegal drugs). Last night they beat the Oakland Athletics for sole possession of first place in the West Division of the American League. I hope that they will maintain their lead for the rest of the season. You can click on the title link to access their website.
I remember going to an Angels game at an youth, and I also been to several Oakland A's games in college. The A's had a special every Wednesday night home game. They offered seats for $1, and hot dogs for $1, but you would have to pay $10 for the parking. I enjoy watching live baseball, it's much better than watching on TV. I like the friendly, relaxing atmosphere of the ballparks. The best ballpark is probably the Giants' stadium in San Francisco, where it is right by the bay waters, and a home run might go into the sea. The park is very compacted, so you pretty much get a good view from every seat, but there is very little foul territory, so the games usually last longer than the norm (less balls get caught in foul territory as they land in the stands).

On another note, I am probably not going to be attending the One Thing conference after all, since my friend Gabe has dropped out from going. Anyways, I get to save on gas and rest a bit more at home.
Lastly, I've added new materials on my ResourCentral and PrayStation pages. Go there and check them out!
_______

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?