Thursday, August 04, 2005

5-string Electric violin

I had a chance to visit an electric violin shop today! It is in Durham, NC on Hwy 55 off I-40. It is a great little shop (one of its kind), and they have a very good selection of electric string instruments (including viola, cello, and upright bass). I was able to demo some very cool 5-string electric violins (ones that have the extra lower C string that is found on a viola, so the 5-stringer is basically a violin-viola hybrid). These new violins sound gorgeous! I am praying that the Lord would let me get one (and provide the money for it). They have a black Zeta that goes for over $1,500. It plays much better than my current 4-string Zeta. I can trade in my old one for several hundred bucks to help alleviate the cost a bit, but I would still need about $1,000. Once you played a 5-stringer, you are ruined, sort of like when you first encounter the Holy Spirit (not quite). It's hard to go back once you've tasted the "promise land." It's amazing what one more string can do. Anyways, you can check out their website by clicking on the title link above.
On another note, my car is still in the shop and won't be done until tomorrow (I hope). This saga is dragging along, and I know there is a spiritual lesson/test in this. Pray for me that I pass this test/trial. Thanks!
_______

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?