Saturday, April 16, 2005

Philippines missions update

dear friends,
God has been amazing here. we had some really
powerful nights in the past week in meetings with the
local body in the mtn areas here, there were lots of
angelic activities and people were delivered and set
free from a lot of spiritual bondages, and we felt
that we gained significant ground for the kingdom of
God. it has been a really wonderful experience here
with my team.
though my wrist did not get better last week it did
not get worse to hinder me from playing, we all
experienced some major spiritual warfare, but i felt
easier to flow in the anointing as the week went on.
now that we are back in Manila, and the mission trip
is almost over, my wrist has healed significantly,
well enough to play basketball. my friend David here
has bought me a wrist guard, so it helped alot in
speeding up the healing.
when in the mtns the roads were pretty bad and
dangerous and it took us 10 hours to travel through 90
miles of rough terrain, half of it unpaved and single
lane. but it was worth it, and the people there were
extremely glad to see us come, and God moved.
tomorrow my team will fly back to the states. and I
will be alone here in Manila until monday, when a
compassion staff Joel is to pick me up from my lodging
and take me to the airport and fly with me to Negros
island, one hour to the south. we will travel a
couple hours by bus to get to my child's family home.
then I will meet up with Jenelyn, my sponsored child,
and spend time with her and her family, and give her
the gifts that i bought for her. i will stay in a
motel there that night then fly back to manila the
next day (tues), then fly back to the states on Wed.
you pray for me for safety and smoothness for the
entire venture, and that i would get to meet Jenelyn,
and have meaningful time with her, and that God would
move again in a powerful way. and for my safe trip
back to the states.
i will write more in details about the trip after i
get back.
thanks and God bless,
Sam


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?