Monday, April 18, 2005

in Manila before flying back to the States

I am back in Manila now after spending yesterday visiting my compassion child Jenelyn on Negros Island. It was a special moment. her family, friends, neighbor all gathered to welcome me into their home. Jenelyn was so excited that she was speechless most of the time. I received a big kiss on the cheek when we first saw each other face to face, i was caught off guard. God is so good. I didn't realize that what I did, supporting her 28 dollars a month, meant so much to her and her family. she had a picture of me all framed in the house. I got to pray for her and bless her, and give her the gifts that i brought. we spend a few hours sightseeing in her town, and I played the violin a little bit, and we ate some good filippino food. it was a blessed time. she had prayed that I would come visit her, and God answered her prayers. there is alot more I want to write, but I'll close right now. I lost an contact lens, so you can pray that i will travel safely and smoothly as i fly back to the states tomorrow morning. i will write about the trip in greater detail when I get back, so stay tuned!
_______

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?