Wednesday, March 02, 2005

Car mirror fixed!

On the ski trip with the Fire School this past Monday, we got stuck on the mountain side on the way there because it was snowing so much and a truck got stuck in the road. Our car was among the many that had to wait for quite a bit (about half an hour) for the situation to get resolved. People from my car got out and started tossing some snowballs to friends in the car behind us (we were caravan-ing). Somehow one of the snowballs was off-target and hit my right-side rearview mirror.

Smash!
The mirror was shattered.

I was in the car listening to Misty Edwards' worship cd when it happened, and if the atmosphere of heaven wasn't so dense in the car, I would have gotten quite upset. The guy who threw the snowball (I won't mention his name to the whole world to embarrass him) was very apologetic and asked for my forgiveness, and offered to pay for the damage done. Thank God it was the right rearview mirror and not the left one, or else I would have more trouble seeing and changing lanes. Praise the Lord we were able to get to the ski area (ski Beech) safely and have a good time there and drive back safely too.

This morning I went to look for an auto place to get my mirror fixed. I had spotted a place and pulled into the parking lot, only to find it closed and opening at 11 am. Disappointed, I turn around and suddenly my eyes spot another auto shop right across the street geared especially to fix car glasses. Incredible!

I have never seen that place (called Harmon Glass Doctor) before even though I've driven down that major street tons of time. Immediately I was there and they ordered the glass for my car on the spot, and told me to come back a hour later, and fixed it within 10 minutes. The charge was $28 total, which I didn't know was expensive or not, but I didn't care because I wasn't really paying for it anyways. I was just extremely glad to get the mirror fixed in such a short amount of time. Glory to God!

Roommate search update: my housemate Ron has found a person named Mike who is a candidate to move in very soon. We are hoping to meet him at our house this evening for him to see the place and chat a bit. I am hoping that this is the right person to move in. Let the will of God be done. We are cleaning up the house a bit to make the house look nice and warm and clean. I'll be doing a bit more tidying up this afternoon.

Verse of the Day: 2 Chronicles 29:11

My sons, do not now be negligent, for the LORD has chosen you to stand in His presence, to minister to him and to be his ministers and make offerings to him.

This is our job description as sons and daughters of God. In the NKJV translation it says to offer incense to Him at the last part of the verse. If you recall in Revelation incense are the prayers of the saints (Rev 8:3-4):

And another angel came and stood at the altar with a golden censer, and he was given much incense to offer with the prayers of all the saints on the golden altar before the throne, [4] and the smoke of the incense, with the prayers of the saints, rose before God from the hand of the angel.

We are all called to pray and to be intercessors! We are all saints of God and we have to see ourselves that way. One of our identity in Christ is saint. Once we see and call ourselves as saints we will begin to live more holy lives. Who we are determines what we do, and how we think, talk, act and behave.

Prayer: Lord, help us to stand before your presence and minister to you all the days of our lives. You have chosen us, yes, even us, to be the privileged ones. It is such an honor to attend to your service, O majestic one! Teach us to behold you and to pray to you at all times. I pray this in Jesus' Name, Amen.

tonight I will be having my first intercession class with resurrection youth. It was suppose to
happen last week but was postponed. I am praying that God would stir the hearts of people and get them to come out to seek Him and learn about prayer. You can also pray for me for God to anoint me to teach and pray. Thanks for all your prayer support!

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?