Friday, February 25, 2005

YWAM at youth group tonight!

The folks from YWAM showed up at the Resurrection youth group tonight! We gave the whole evening to them, and they told us about their recent mission trips to China and India. They gave some powerful testimonies of salvation and miraculous healing. It was a wonderful night. It is clear that their words had a direct impact in the hearts of everyone present. If you don't know anything about YWAM you can click the title link and it will take you straight to the YWAM website. What was interesting to me was that I didn't know they had a base around Charlotte. Afterwards I talked to a guy from Denmark who thoroughly enjoyed his time here in the States and in the mission field.

Tomorrow I will be going on a ski trip with the youth group. Skiing here in the South, unlike in the west, is very cheap in comparison. I'll be carpooling up with the rest of them so I don't even have to drive! (I am not even sure which area we are going)

At the house, we are looking for a prospective roommate. My housemate Chris is probably not going to be able to stay around soon, so we are now in the process of searching for another person to come in. If you know anybody in the Charlotte area who is looking for a place to stay, let me know.

Earlier today I was in Concord, NC, and I stopped by a Chick-fil-a while I was getting my car's oil changed at Wal-Mart. They were playing all worship and contemporary Christian music in the restaurant, Praise the Lord! And it wasn't like they were playing it softly in the background. It was loud and everyone could hear the songs glorifying Jesus Christ. Thank God that there are still areas in the USA like this where people fear the Lord, at least a little bit.

I helped a man in a wheel chair push his shopping cart to his car. Then I asked him if I could pray for his healing. He allowed me and I gave a quick prayer and walked away. I had mixed feeling about it, as I felt good for doing it, but bad for not praying with more authority and commanding the guy to stand up and walk. I'm praying that next time I'll have more faith to do it like Peter did. But it was glad to see the face of appreciation on that man. He was a catholic and was doing his cross-thing while I was praying for him. I'm praying that when he wakes up next morning he'll be completely healed and get on-fire for God in a major way. "Lord, heal him completely and miraculously and let this man be a living testimony of your love and power. Amen!"

Here is the Scripture passage of the night: Isaiah 12:2
"Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust, and will not be afraid; for the Lord God is my strength and my song, and He has become my salvation."

Yes Lord, you are my song, and my life is a song that you are singing, measure by measure.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?