Wednesday, February 09, 2005

report from the youth group meeting

Sorry it has taken me so long to update you on what happened last Friday night at the Resurrection youth group. Meredith, one of the main leaders there, delivered a powerful, convicting message on loving one another and becoming life-givers. She really addressed the issue of people getting offended at each other and talking bad about each other, which creates an atmosphere of negativity and sin, and allows the devil to have a foothold in our personal lives and in the group as a whole. And at the end, we had a feet-washing service where each guy prayed and washed the feet of another guy, and vice versa. The girls did the same. It was really a sacred, holy moment in the Lord, and I believe that this will have the effect of bringing everyone closer together and closer to the Lord. Praise God! Please keep these group of youths in prayer, thanks!

Afterwards, I had more constructive and great conversations with the leaders and the youths as it was a time for socializing. I will be easing into a role with the group, as I get to know them and they get to know me. I am praying that the Lord will use me be a vessel of blessing to them, and that He would speak His words through me to impart into their lives. I pray that none of them would be taken into captivity by the enemy for any duration in their lives, but that each person will walk in victory and intimacy in Christ Jesus. This week I will probably be helping out with worship a bit on the violin, and share a bit of my personal testimony on Friday. Pray that everything will go well according to God's will, and that He will draw each youth closer to Him, and bring about breakthroughs in every aspect of their lives (familial, relational, educational, financial, physical, emotional, and spiritual). I pray all of this in the Name of Jesus, Amen!

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?