Monday, February 28, 2005

Hillsong Worship and Veggie Tales (bigidea.com)

I just received some good Christian/worship cds from my friend Tom in CA (who works at my former Christian bookstore). Among the best of the bunch is Hillsong's "For all You've Done" double cd. Every year Hillsong Australia in Sydney comes out with a live recording of their newest worship song in a worship concert at a stadium-size arena. The recording worship event are always packed to capacity by worshippers from around the country, and there are thousands who can't get in and have to join in worship via a big screen live telecast outside. It is good to see how the Hillsong church grow in worship and as a church over the years. You can tell (hear) that they are much more sensitive to the leading of the Holy Spirit now than ever before and they are spending time lingering in spontaneous worship and soaking in the presence of the Lord. I really enjoyed listening and worshipping to these new powerful songs coming out of that church.

Another great item that I got from Tom is VeggieTale's "Sumo of the Opera" dvd. It is very funny (up to their standard), to say the least. If you are a VeggieTale fan I would definitely recommend this one for your collection.

I just came back from one of the best ski trip in my life. Praise God! I will hopefully upload some pictures in my yahoo photo album for public viewing.

Scripture of the Night:
Luke 24:13-16
The Road to Emmaus
13Now behold, two of them were traveling that same day to a village called Emmaus, which was seven miles from Jerusalem. 14And they talked together of all these things which had happened. 15So it was, while they conversed and reasoned, that Jesus Himself drew near and went with them. 16But their eyes were restrained, so that they did not know Him.

"Lord Jesus, I pray that You would draw near to us. This is the cry of my heart. And I pray that You would open our eyes to see you, to recognize you, and to know You in deeper ways.
Amen."

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?