Friday, February 18, 2005

A good night

We had a powerful time at Res youth group tonight. Youth leader Jason brought forth a dynamic word about bearing fruit. He dealt with some of the core issues in the group and it was amazing to see how the youths responded in a positive way. There was an alter call at the end of the message and people responded to the Lord. Praise God! At the end I had a chance to play my "Change my life" song on the guitar, as I felt it was the right time in the Lord to play it. The lyrics of the song goes like this:

Sometimes, I feel stuck in myself again
And my mind is plagued by the things of the world
So before I fall down again, won't you come and save me.

Chorus: Won't you
Change my life, before tonight, change my life
Change my life, before I die, change my life

Sometimes, I don't confess my sins and repent
And I let the enemy get inside
So now I'm on my knees again, I am on my knees

This song was the 2nd song that I wrote playing the guitar. I still remember how God gave me the words during class at Stanford. It is a song of a desperate crying out to God for personal transformation. Tonight was my first time playing guitar and singing and ministering to the Res. youth group. I believe that it is the beginning of a new season that God is ushering in with the youth group, and that lives will be dramatically altered by the Lord as He draws them closer to Him. Also, during the meeting, we made an announcement about the start of an intercession class that I'll be teaching/leading on Wednesday nights. I am very excited about it and praying that the Holy Spirit would really take it and lead us deep into Him.

Next Saturday I'll be going on a ski trip with the youth group. This will be my first time skiing in the South, in North Carolina. I know that the mountains are just barely "hills" compared to the Rockies and the Sierra Nevada mountain ranges out West, where I've skied for most of my life, but it is always a blessing to be able to cruise downhill on a snowslope, no matter how long or short the runs are.

Here is the Scripture passage of the day:
Psalm 84:1-2
How lovely is your dwelling place, O Lord Almighty!
My soul yearns, even faints, for the courts of the Lord;
My heart and my flesh cry out for the living God.

I've added an outdoor wear links section on this website just for the fun of it, I guess. Since I am a skier, I have always been intrigued by how ski clothing companies design their jackets to keep out the cold and the snow, while keeping the jacket breathable, stylish, lightweight, and functional with lots of zipper pockets. I still remember the time when my parents caught me by surprise by purchasing a Patagonia ski jacket for me as a present. It is probably the best jacket I've ever worn in my life, in which I wear not just for skiing but for everyday life as well. It doesn't make me sweat and keeps me warm and comfortable. I still wear it often nowadays. Thanks, mom and dad!

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?