Sunday, January 09, 2005

snowy Vancouver

After a couple flight delays, I arrived in Vancouver safely last night. My parents and their friend from church were already waiting for me at the baggage claim. I am glad that i have all my luggage with me, for it would have been really chilly if my warm clothes did not make it to Canada.

Today my dad preached at a Chinese home church, and I played the violin for worship. I haven't heard him preach in a long time and so it was nice for me to hear him, and also to be around Chinese people to practice and maintain my Mandarin. At the end of the service, they also ask me to share a bit about what I'm doing in fulltime ministry. I gave a brief message, and they actually took up an offering for me! Praise God, I did not expect that to happen at all.

At the end of the service, knowing that I'm from MorningStar church, they ask me if I could pray and prophesy over some youths. I concurred and and we had a wonderful time, as I was able to pray and declare some words from the Lord. Glory be to Him! They were touched by the ministry and I believe that the God has lots in store for these youths. I certainly did not expect to minister prophetically on this trip. The Lord, obviously, had other ideas.

Tomorrow we will be heading to the mountains and I'll be skiing for the first time this season. Yay!

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?