Sunday, January 30, 2005

Snow in Charlotte

Yesterday morning it started snowing/slushing/raining and it was the first time that I have seen snow in Charlotte (since I've only been here less than a year). The roads are a bit icy and people are cautioned to not go out if possible. Several church services were canceled. We were supposed to have "Go God" Saturday night, but Reggie called it off. So for the most part, I just stayed at home with my housemates Ron and Chris. Above is a picture of my neighborhood covered with a light lattice of snow.

Recently I have begun listening to Misty Edwards' "Eternity" cd. I have known about this cd for a while (since last year), but I have only listened to it fully in the last week. It is one of the best worship cd in recent years (and trust me, I've heard lots of worship cds from working in a Christian bookstore), and some of her songs are just amazing. The way she sings reveals a deep intimate passion for Jesus. She has definitely expanded my view on worship, just by being a profound example of a radical worship. This album is something that I would listen to over and over again.

This past Friday I was invited to visit the youth group meeting at Resurrection church. It was a hectic time for them because their youth leader Jason had to rush his wife Meredith to the hospital because she was anticipating a baby. Jason was suppose to speak, but because of his absence, we had a time of meditative worship and intercession instead. It was good, nevertheless, and I got to meet some of the youths and pray for them. These youths have tons of potential in the Lord. They just need guidance and direction and higher vision. I would love to help them develop deeper intimacy with the Lord, become radical worshippers and intercessors, and activate their spiritual giftings. Anyways, I am praying that God will move and open the door for me to minister to these youth, if it is according to His will, if this is what He have me do in this season. Right now, I am hoping to meet with Jason and other leaders first, to see what they hear from the Lord as to how to lead the group.

Regarding the Philippines trip and my Compassion child Jenelyn, there is a slight chance that I might be able to see her, if she can come to Manila and meet up with me there. If that were to happen, I would have to pay for her trip from her island to Manila (accompanied by an adult, of course). I am praying for the Lord's direction in this matter.

The Scripture of the day: Psalm 37:1-11
Do not fret because of evildoers, nor be envious of the workers of iniquity. For they shall soon be cut down like the grass, and wither as the green herb. Trust in the Lord, and do good; dwell in the land, and feed on His faithfulness.
Delight yourself also in the Lord, and He shall give you the desires of your heart.
Commit your way to the Lord, trust also in Him, and He shall bring it to pass. He shall bring forth your righteousness as the light, and your justice as the noonday.
Rest in the Lord, and wait patiently for Him; do not fret because of him who propers in his way, because of the man who brings wicked schemes to pass. Cease from anger, and forsake wrath; do not fret--it only causes harm.
For evildoers shall be cut off; but those who wait on the Lord, they shall inherit the earth.
For yet a little while and the wicked shall be no more; indeed, you will look carefully for his place, but it shall be no more.
But the meek shall inherit the earth, and shall delight themselves in the abundance of peace.

I believe that the Lord is speaking this psalm right now regarding the situation in Iraq. They just had a successful election, in which the Islamic terrorist tried to disrupt through fear and intimdation and bombing. The Lord will judge the evildoers and they will be wiped off the face of the earth. Revival is coming to Iraq and the righteous will inherit the land. It is essential that we do not fret or be anxious, as the media would have us do. We need to abide in His rest and wait patiently on the Lord. Let us keep interceding for truth and justice to prevail in the Middle East.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?