Wednesday, January 05, 2005

The Passion

Last Saturday I saw the Passion movie for the first time on dvd. My housemate Ron received it from his sister for Christmas. Directed by Mel Gibson, it was a powerful film which showed the last 12 hours of Jesus' life prior to the crucifixion. Most people in America saw it when it came out in the theaters. I did not had the opportunity to watch it then, because I was out of the country in Guatemala and China. I am glad that I finally got to see it, and it definitely made an deep impact in my mind as I meditated on the life, death, and resurrection of my Lord and Savior.

Moving on to a different subject, last night we had a "soaking" session at Harp and Bowl. I normally play the violin for this unique worship/intercession meeting on Tuesday nights, but tonight the leaders felt that the Lord wanted us just to "soak," to lie down, and meditate in His presence. So we didn't have any musicians or prayer/worship leaders, we just played some soft worship cds and received ministry from the Lord in a peaceful, soothing manner. It was great to get filled up by the Holy Spirit and experience God in this fashion for a change. Praise God!

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?