Sunday, January 02, 2005

Morningstar worship

This morning I had the opportunity to play violin for worship at Morningstar. It was an incredible experience. I had just emailed Leonard, the main worship leader, on Saturday, about the possibility of meeting up to talk about playing for worship. He emailed me back right away asking me if I could come to rehearsal the following morning. I had never expected to be "ministering" so quickly, but I knew it was the Lord's will. I had been reluctant about it in my spirit for several months, and I guess I was hesitating. I received a prophetic word earlier in the week, which said that the Lord had given me a choice to ride on a horse named worship, and that it was my choice. When I hear those words, I knew what it meant in my heart.

Praise the Lord that I was able to follow through and allow Him to move through me. I definitely felt His presence up there on the stage. I am glad that He has indeed trained and prepared me to be able to "flow" spontaneously to make music, and I've had enough playing experience in the past to not be overwhelmed by the scale of the operation. It always takes a lot of faith, because you can never just "perform" in the flesh. Thank God for His grace. Afterwards, one lady came up to me and said, "Thank you for sharing your gift with us," and I was moved by those words. Perhaps I have been "in hiding" too long and that the Lord is placing me as a lamp, from underneath the bed to a lampstand.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?