Friday, January 14, 2005

Good warm North Carolina!

After further delay by Air Canada, I am finally back in NC! (where it is much warmer than BC) Praise the Lord that I have all my luggage, none of them were missing. On the flight from Vancouver to Toronto I had an interesting conversation with a lady from Whitehorse, Yukon, where it is 48 C below 0. Yikes! She said that it is so cold up there that you can't even drive your car, as your engine won't start. The only means of travel when it's this cold is by dog sled, and even the huskies get cold too. She and her fiance have been there for 8 years, but it is almost impossible to get use to the cold. Because the town is above the Arctic Circle, they get 24 hour daylight in the summer and complete darkness in the winter. I asked her what they do when it gets too cold to go outside, she replied, "We watch TV and play video games." She also mentioned that the youths still go outside to wait for the school bus when it is minus 30 C, which is totally crazy. "Somebody has to inform the kids that the world is not an iceberg," she mused. I guess they don't realize that it is actually warmer in most other parts of the world.

I had a chance to share with her a bit about my "profession." I also told her some supernatural healing stories. Hopefully she is open to the Lord speaking to her, and drawing her to Himself. I am keeping her in prayer.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?