Monday, December 13, 2004

continuing from my previous blog

after Mina and her husband moved to America, she received a phone call 21 years after their flight from Iran. It was her father on the other side. He said, "Mina, would you forgive me..." Turns out her father had a supernatural encounter with Jesus in Iran and received salvation on spot. What happened was like this...
Her father was on a trip outside of town. When he was returning to his car to drive back home, he discovered that the car keys were locked inside the car. He decided to walk home and take care of the situation the next day, but before he began walking, he knelt down and started praying his prayers to Allah, as it was the customary time for it. He was also very hungry at the moment.
As he started praying, he smelled fresh bread all around him, but there was nothing around, since he was in a deserted place. Then he saw a package of bread right next to him. So he began to thank Allah for the provision. Suddenly, he heard a booming voice as out of a thousand microphones surrounding him, "I am the bread of life, you do not even know who I am, I am the bread of life." and he saw a man clothed in white coming towards him. At the moment, he realized that it was Jesus, and that Jesus was the one and only true God. So he said, "Jesus, I am already 76 years old but I will serve you from now on." He had a brief conversation with the Lord, and then the glory left.
He still had the bread with him. He went to the car and found it unlocked, and drove home and told his wife, and she got saved on the spot too. That very night the Lord gave him a dream that confirmed his salvation, and told him who to meet to connect with other believers in Tehran. Praise the Lord!
Needless to say, Mina and her husband were overjoyed at this miraculous news, and she was reconciled with her parents after all those years.

Side note: The weather in Charlotte

the temperature here has dropped into the 20s (F) at night, and it's pretty cold in the daytime too. So Charlotte is probably the coldest place i've resided in my life (I've been privileged to grow up in Taiwan and California). They say that it will snow here soon. I've been to cold places (Russia, Canada, the Rockies in winter), but never lived anywhere cold. So this will be a new experience for me. I have been growing more fond of socks now, as they keep my feet warm. In CA I normally wear sandals without socks, since there was no need to, and it spared me the hassle of washing socks. But now socks have become a necessity, and I am grateful for them. Praise God for socks!


Comments:
'Snow season like winter. I grew up in snow (not literally, like all the time up to my head in snow, but you know what I mean) and I miss it. Snow reminds me of the grace of God, coming from above and covering all my dirt.

What a salvation story! Thanks.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?